I know it’s super popular — especially in January — when most of us are adopting some type of healthy eating resolution to smoothie more. A recipe for a green smoothie from a food blogger I follow popped into my inbox earlier this month. Like many of us, I too was feeling eager to turn back the clock and resume some healthy eating habits that fell away in December. So I gave it a try. I was completely surprised by how delicious it tasted. In fact, I like it so much I’ve been making this smoothie nearly every day since. I want to share it with you.
I’ll be honest, this was a smoothie concoction that didn’t immediately sound appealing and it contained a list of ingredients I would never have thought to combine but it promised to be nourishing and immune boosting. And anything that helps my immune system with all the illnesses running through our family is a worth a try in my book.
Immune Boosting Wellness Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 2-3 cups organic spinach
- 1 knob fresh ginger (approx. 2 inches) The recipe calls for it to be peeled but I’m too lazy for that
- 1 knob fresh turmeric root (approx. 2 inches) I did not know what turmeric root looked like prior to this, look for it by the produce section next to the ginger.
- 1/2 Tablespoon manuka or raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
Throw it all into your Vitamix, Ninja, or other high-powered blender for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
The combination of the ginger, turmeric, and pepper gives this smoothie a kick and amps up the immune-boosting properties. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
-Shop this Post-
If you like this post please subscribe to receive regular email updates. Did you know that now you can follow a hashtag on Instagram? Follow #lunchwithagirlfriend. For more inspiration, you can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest .