I exercise four or five days a week and I have for years. I don’t run as much as I used to but I regularly do boot camp workouts for strength training, I get cardio from my Echelon rowing machine, and I play tennis. I’ve tried a lot of workout clothes and gear over the years. Today I’m sharing my tried and true favorite clothing pieces from brands I love and the gear I can’t live without.
- Alo Sports Bra. I have a few sports bras from Alo Yoga and I love them. They are stylish and well made.
- Onzie Sports Bra. These bras come in fun prints with a strappy back.
- Zella Leggings. These are my favorite leggings at an affordable price point. The fabric is thick and it holds everything in. Plus, I can usually find them on sale at Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack. I’ve spent way more for less supportive leggings. I wear an XS and an XXS in these because they are stretchy.
- Bandier Leggings. If you are someone who appreciates stylish workout gear you should get to know Bandier. They feature a collection of different brands. Their collection is unique and features a lot of bright colors and loud prints. Be forewarned it can be on the expensive side, but if you are someone who wears leggings all weekend long you can probably justify the price per wear.
Tanks and Tees
- Spiritual Gangster Tanks. I love wearing a muscle tank over a sports bra with leggings to a yoga class. I also wear these tanks all summer long with my denim shorts. Spiritual gangster is my hands-down favorite brand. The brand fits true to size.
- Billabong Tees. Billabong tees are well made and have some really cute graphic designs.
- On Cloud Sneakers. I discovered OnCloud Flow sneakers three years ago and instantly fell in love with them. I haven’t worn another brand of sneaker since. They are lightweight and supportive. The design is also sleek and stylish. I wear a 7.5 shoe and I size up a full size to an 8.5 when I purchase a running sneaker because your feet expand when you run.
- Cushioned Socks. Balega hidden comfort socks are the best. They are thick with a nice cushion that supports your foot. Nike socks are the best if you are looking for a thinner, breathable sock.
- Hair Ties. Goody teleties are my go-to for tying my hair back while I work out. They don’t leave a crease in my hair and they stay in place.
- Hand Weights. These are the hand weights that I purchased for my virtual workouts at home.
- Yoga Mat and Yoga Mat Towel. A non-slip mat is a must for yoga. I like a thick mat for a hard studio floor. The towel helps keep your mat dry during hot yoga.
- Water Bottle. When you have a stylish water bottle you’ll drink more water, right?
Workout Recovery And Nutrition Supplements
- Muscle Recovery. I use a hypervolt to ease sore muscles. It works great for large muscle groups like the hamstrings, glutes and quadriceps. A foam roller is also indispensable especially when it comes to my IT band after running. I use a gua sha massage tool and rock rub for at home graston in places where the hypervolt and foam roller aren’t as effective.
- Hydration Supplements. Keeping hydrated before, during, and after exercise is so important. I don’t drink just plain water — I use an electrolyte supplement that contains sodium, magnesium, and potassium. These are my favorites
If you like this post please subscribe to receive regular email updates. Did you know that now you can follow a hashtag on Instagram? Follow #lunchwithagirlfriend. For more inspiration, you can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest .