The big day is finally here — early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (for Nordstrom cardholders, anyway). I braved the crowds and tried on a lot of merchandise so I can give all of you the low down on the top buys.
The sale is huge and it can be overwhelming. If you are thinking of stepping into a store, be forewarned, it is nuts. And there are not a lot of sizes available in stores so trust me when I say you are better off shopping online. Shipping and returns are free at Nordstrom so there’s no reason not to.
For size reference, I am 5’6″ and weigh 124 lbs. I typically wear an X-Small in tanks and camis, a size Small in blouses, a Small in jackets and coats, and a size 25 waist pant. I wear a size 7.5 shoe.
Top Picks: Women’s Tops
So many great options to wear with jeans for the fall and some great late summer options to wear with shorts or skirts too.
- I really love this TIE FRONT BLOUSE — it looks great with denim for date night. Runs TTS, I’m wearing a size Small.
- This HIGH NECK RUFFLE BLOUSE is another personal favorite. I got mine in red but it also comes in blush, ivory, and black. I got mine in X-Small, but I could easily size up too.
- I’ve been trying to get my hands on a slightly different version of this WAYF CAMI for a while but it kept selling out. This version has flattering ruffles in the front and comes in lilac, black, and hunter green. I bought it in X-Small, runs TTS.
Top Picks: Women’s Jackets and Cardigans
- This is my favorite LEATHER JACKET at the sale, a steal for only $65. I bought a size Medium. Order one size up.
- This LEATHER JACKET and this FAUX SHEARLING COAT won’t last long. The Medium leather jacket was perfect for me (so size up). The Shearling Coat runs TTS, I ordered a Small.
- I have a love affair with FAUX FUR COATS. I’m absolutely dying over THIS ONE! Sadly, I wasn’t able to find it in the store to try on.
Top Picks: Women’s Shoes
- If you buy one boot for this fall make it this SOCK BOOTIE
- I’m a sucker for a sneaky heel, try this WEDGE SNEAKER
- Love this STUDDED BOOTIE and this WHITE SNAKESKIN BOOTIE. The snakeskin bootie was the only boot that ran small, all others TTS
Top Picks: Women’s Denim
You can never have too many pairs of denim and this is an area where it’s worth it to splurge. Check out my guide to denim if you need a reminder of what you should have in your closet.
- I bought these DISTRESSED BLACK DENIM jeans last year and I wore them a lot. A good price for jeans that you will love and wear all the time.
- GOOD AMERICAN DENIM is great for curvy figures.
- A great pair of BOYFRIEND JEANS
- My favorite BOOTCUT JEANS
There’s so much more too . . . I’ll be back with more of the best of the best. Be sure to follow along on my Instastories where I’ll be posting more deals from the sale. Happy shopping till then!
If you like this post please subscribe to receive regular email updates. Did you know that now you can follow a hashtag on Instagram? Follow #lunchwithagirlfriend. For more inspiration, you can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest .